Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Magic

Several years ago, Howard and I picked a burger chain in Lexington to hang out. We went on a Tuesday evening, not knowing that a magician had been invited to perform.

There were several problems that evening.

1) The magician went from table to table asking people if he could perform, much like a mariachi band asks for permission before a performance. There was not a stage or open area where kids could go see him if they wanted.
2) The magician wore black mascara, black clothes and a black cape.
3) The magician, not being deterred by two twenty-something men sitting eating cheeseburgers, decided to still ask if we would like to see a magic trick.

"Would you gentlemen like to see a magic trick?" We look around hoping there are some kids he can bother. Uncomfortable Delay. "Uh....Sure."

Some magic trick was performed that needed our participation. Then another delay. I'm thinking 'does he want a tip? here's a tip, don't corner two grown men and ask them if they want to see a magic trick' I give him a tip. He asks, "Would you like me to perform another magic trick for you?" "No, that's okay."

3 comments:

ButterPeanut said...

"Not a magician, Michael --- Illusionist."

Howie said...

Hilarious! I almost forgot that...hahahahahahaha

jacqueline not jaci said...

Brent,
I have a friend that is a preacher who sometime does magic. Sometimes it is scary.

I wish I could click my heals and be in Omaha to wish you the well at your dinner. Jerry and I wish you well in all that you do. You have an open invitation to dinner at our home. Please keep in touch.
We love you.
Because of God's Grace,
Jacqueline and Jerry Sturdivant
give Jara a hug from us.