Sunday, February 1, 2009

Last Day at the Office

The WMF community continues to offer some of the best hospitality and celebration that I've ever seen. This entire week was a celebration culminating in a formal dinner Friday night that was catered by The Taj, my favorite Indian restaurant.

Monday, I was showered with balloons. Tuesday, the Admin. department took some time away from the office to celebrate. Friday, we received donuts and chocolate milk in the morning and went out for Mexican food at lunch.

During the evening, after a prayer, a toast was made and we ate together. A picture slide presentation was given of my years in WMF and a book was made to commemorate that time as well (with both pictures and loving notes included at the end). Gifts were given and kind words were shared.

I was humbled and grateful to have been part of such a kind community and a community giving of itself in such a self-sacrificing and worthy manner. I was honored and incredibly appreciative of the love that evening and the care I received. I am in awe.
I will be cheering you on.

You are loved.

4 comments:

Daphne said...

thanks brent! we love you and miss you already! pray for us!

ButterPeanut said...

wow, that's so great! when someone leaves where I work, there's cake and maybe drinks, and definitely a speech, but it is all *horribly horribly* awkward and pretty insincere since most people come for the free cake but not because they care about the person leaving. It's neat to see how different and life-filled a good-bye week is in an office full of Christians.

Melanie said...

Wow Brent. That is awesome! Especially the slide show along with a handmade book. You have definitely made an impact in the Kingdom of God. How many years have you been with WMF? Do you have any plans after your trip to Bolivia?

Sarah said...

glad you were celebrated well! you totally deserve it. look forward to seeing you in a week and half!