Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another Meaningful Celebration

Last night, I was honored again for my service with WMF, as I was presented with gifts from all of the WMF communities around the world. This marked the last celebration after previous celebrations by the Board and by the US staff; I hope to include pictures as soon as I return from Nepal.

I am humbled and deeply grateful to the many WMF communities for the thoughtfulness, the effort, the love and care that was put into each gift. Accompanying these gifts were many cards and kind words.

I received among many other things: a painting from Romania with all of children's handprints from the Center, several photo albums with pictures of their communities and kind words from staff members and children, Argentinian wine and LPs, a Sari Blanket from Kolkata with colors chosen specifically for me, some beautiful hammocks from Brazil and Sierra Leone, a shirt and silk wrap from Chennai, a blanket for carrying "life"...whether it be vegetables or babies..from Bolivia, a mosaic art piece from Peru taken from discarded bus tickets that demonstrates the restoration we hope for in WMF, among many, many other thoughtful gifts.

My love goes out to all the WMF communities. I cannot tell them how much their thoughtfulness, but more importantly their life and example have meant to me.

I was specifically honored, but I want to honor the hundreds of years of service of the WMF staff and their sacrifices, dedication, and love in some of the hardest places in the world. It is a community of people following Jesus in service and obedience that deserve the honor.

No comments: