Wednesday, December 31, 2008

(Inconsequential) Things I Like

To even out the post from a couple weeks ago where I posted what I don't like...here are some things I like:

1) The Green Machine (extended tricycle that could spin out)
2) Batman and Robin Rub N' Play. (also from childhood...however, search Rub N' Play on Ebay and the first item that comes up is the Michael Jackson Rub N' Play...talk about destroying a good childhood memory)
3) The way the crown of my head tingles when I'm at a library and I try to guess what book someone will take off the shelf.
4) The absence of pain in the seconds it takes to yawn or stretch.
5) Opera & Classical Music
6) Living in a time period when teeth can be replaced. And wooden teeth are not used.
7) Penicillin (not for any specific reason)
8) Being an early proponent of restaurants giving the wait staff PDA's to enter menu orders.
9) Wanting brake lights to be more than a toggle switch...and new brake lights that should demonstrate how "hard" someone is applying the brakes.
10) Morrowind
11) When I had ENT doctors checking my ears as a child and I would have the faint taste of ketchup in my mouth.
12) Sushi
13) Chicago Style Hot Dogs
14) Gyros and most Mediterranean food.
15) Old Movies
16) Being a good lip reader as a child.
17) Pitch-correction software for modern singers that allows them to always be 'on-pitch'. Now we just have to convince more of them to use it.
18) Family hugs
19) Our Swedish traditions for Christmas Eve (minus the herring...oh yeah and lutefisk (sp?) the perfectly good whitefish you ruin by chemically burning it which 'cooks' it and then washing off all those chemicals),
20) Salary.com
21) How everyone resists being commoditized, even though the pressure is constant. "We're not selling a product, we're selling a relationship"
22) Digital signatures and paperless offices
23) Wanting to raise chickens on the roof of my apartment building but not knowing how to approach the landlord.
24) Cellos
25) When the carbon dioxide from a newly opened can of Coke, won't let you catch your breath only to dissipate and receive fresh oxygen. Ah! Effervescence.

1 comment:

ButterPeanut said...

wow, you're right ...nr 25 is a surprisingly pleasant thing.