Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gratuitous Sex and Violence

Telemarketer: I was given your name by _______________. Aren't you tired of the gratuitous sex and violence in Hollywood these days?

Me: Uh.... yes.

Telemarketer: Don't you want to send a message to Hollywood to promote more family friendly movies?

Me: Where are you going with this?

Telemarketer: We would like to send you two family friendly movies on VHS tape to show that Hollywood needs to make more of these types of movies.

(I forget which family friendly movies they were, but they were clearly geared for children).

Me: I don't have any children and I don't even own a VCR.

Telemarketer: ...But wouldn't you like to send a message to Hollywood by purchasing these two movies? More would follow.

Me: You're asking me to buy movies for myself that I can't even watch. I don't have a VCR.

Telemarketer: But you're sending a message to Hollywood.

Me: What, that I'm stupid?