Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I was able to travel home by train (a first). This year was the family "off" year so siblings with spouses visited the spouse's families this year. That meant only 18 for Thanksgiving.

However, we were invited to meet the cousins that Sat. evening afterwords. Dad graciously drove us down to Illinois and Uncle Pete and Aunt Kathy hosted the party.

Highlights:

-Of course the relationship time....being with extended family. We laughed a lot and consider each other our good friends in addition to being family.
-Lounging around the house. Normally I help out with the hosting prep but Mom and Dad really gave me the great gift of letting me relax.
-Reading two books...a book on contemplation and a book by David Sedaris.
-Starting and beating Call of Duty 5
-Watching some movies on my PSP (thanks Ron) including On the Waterfront with Marlon Brando
-Continuing the family tradition of watching James Bond in theaters Thanksgiving evening.
-Eating at Noodles and Co. with Mom and Dad during her work lunch break.
-Banana Cream pie AND Pumpkin Pie

I have a grateful heart for such a wonderful visit and for such a great family.

5 comments:

::athada:: said...

what is your time & cost comparison with driving v. train for your route?

Brent Anderson said...

I forgot to mention another highlight: my sister Brage bought me a Freeset bag!!! So kind!

benjy said...

"I coulda been somebody..."

Brent Anderson said...

Routes traveled home:

Flying:
-Direct connection (Midwest Airlines)
-Connection through Chicago (Usually United Airlines)

Bus:
-Greyhound, with a layover in Chicago....usually takes around 13-14 hours

Train:
-Amtrak, with a layover in Chicago. Between 12-16 hours.

Combination:
-Flying into Chicago then taking a bus from the airport in Chicago to the airport in Milwaukee.

I hate driving so this is not relaxing for me at all. That trip usually takes 8 hours....traveling west through Iowa and then diagonally up through Rockford and then to Milwaukee. 508 miles I believe.

Brent Anderson said...

Nice quote from the movie!!!!