Friday, September 19, 2008

Which is Worse?

1) Being driven home by a little-league baseball assistant coach, looking under the floormat on the passenger side and seeing pavement go by, because a two foot rectangle piece of metal had been removed from the underside of the car? (The assistant coach who had a wooden leg....insert menacing laugh).
2) Having my uncle sanitize a bedpan at a local hospital, fill it with chocolate pudding, and walk around the hallway eating from the bedpan?
3) Having Dirkson, our black lab/irish setter mix, get loose one day only to look for him a little less hard that day? He was a dog that ran over our first fence, then jumped over it when it was reinforced, then dug under it after we heightened the fence. He ate the siding off the house and the t.v. wire to the antenna on the roof. He also dragged me through a number of ditches forcing me to take a shower with my clothes on.
4) Having a cousin put all his boogers on the wall going up to the bedrooms of his townhouse, and naming them all?
5) Playing card games late at night, in rural Georgia, during a hot & muggy summer, with a great aunt with a glass-eye?
6) Having huge black crows fly towards and dive-bomb all the kids coming out of our house each morning on our way to school?
7) Playing Dukes of Hazzard, cutting local cattails, and pretending these were the dynamite arrows they shot.
8) Putting peas in the ice cream of a sister who refused to eat them for dinner, only to have dessert ruined for her.
9) Being part of a mens' choir, which was named glee club?
10) Having my voice change so late in life, that a musical piece had to be abandoned by the choir director, because my voice couldn't go that low?...even to second tenor range (I'm a baritone-bass now).

3 comments:

rebecca said...

without a doubt the bedpan.

Anonymous said...

I don't know which is worse, so many to choose from. I have questions.... which cousin?, which sister?..... I think being dive bombed by crows tops the list although the late night card session with the 'glass eye' follows second.

I love getting to learn more about you and our childhood. I seemed to have blocked out some of it, I think.

Keep on bloggin!

Brent Anderson said...

HA! It is Sharon for the peas and Steven for the boogers.