Monday, September 29, 2008

I thought this was funny on SI.com

The 10 Spot Blog
by Pete McEntegart

Mcentegart_pete
Repeat after me


* 12:03 PM ET 09.29


As many of you know, I root for the New York Mets. Some might have noticed that the Metropolitans suffered a minor setback yesterday to fall short of the postseason for the second year in a row.

Am I disappointed? Sure. But I’ve learned to take a detached, philosophical view of the fortunes of my favorite teams. It’s just sports, after all. Grown men playing children’s games. A pleasant diversion, granted, but not life and death.

Since I’m a giving person, I’d like to share this hard-won knowledge with whatever readers are still able to find the 10 Spot. Here are some of the things I’ve been telling myself this morning to help keep sports in perspective:

10. There are 1.3 billion Chinese who don’t give a darn which old people win

9. A strong gag reflex is actually nature’s Heimlich maneuver

8. If your team balloons its payroll, maybe it will be judged “too big to fail”

7. Enjoy the outdoors, before it’s consumed by global warming

6. How’s this for feel-good: a new novel about Wall Street!

5. Take the kids to the park now that the authorities pledge it’s predator-free

4. Learn a skill, like field-dressing a moose

3. At least those damn bank CEOs won’t get golden parachutes

2. Just be glad you have your health, since you likely have no medical insurance

1. This year’s collapse was 50 percent improved!

Read here at:
http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/the_10_spot

No comments: