Monday, July 7, 2008

Strangest Feeling

My flights home were kind of crazy.

Very short layovers, which normally I love, but both connections were so tight that I ended up running to the gate in Miami and had just enough time in Dallas.

The flight into Miami was late and then I had to get through immigration, customs, retrieve bags, recheck bags and go through security again in 1 hour. That was crazy.
I think my cold sore is from that stress.

Also, on the Lima to Miami flight, I had the strangest feeling: All of a sudden I felt extremely hot, sweaty, and nauseous. I have never felt anything like that before. It was horrible!! I felt like I had been drugged. The plane was extremely cold to begin with, but it didn't matter...I could not get enough cool wind on my body to feel better. My whole body was sweating; I could feel my forearms sweating, which I think is unusual for me. I also felt extremely nauseous and was trying to remain as still as possible. This went on for about 30 minutes.

It was a terrible experience. I said some prayers during the time and believe God was gracious to let it subside.

I'm home now; have a cold...but overall am doing well.

2 comments:

angela said...

horrible. sorry to hear you were stressed and ill, but glad that you made it home safely. excited to hear more about your visits there!

monica said...

brent o brent, i have done a grievous thing to you. i have tagged you on my blog to do a meme. if you dont know what it is, ask daphne, if you do just look on my blog and see what to do.