Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Meme

Thanks Monica for the invitation to Meme. You're great....although does this technically fall under the definition of a meme?

Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


1) I grew late. My freshman high school English teacher who was 4'11" said she was taller than I was as a freshman. I don't know if I would go that far. Thankfully I didn't experience many of more horrific growing pains: actual growing pains, cracking voice, or wearing clothes obviously too small for my frame.
2) I had braces for 4.5 years. Enough for head-gear and rubber bands. People who saw me the day they were removed must have thought I was flirty....moving my tongue over the smooth rounded surfaces of my teeth. Sorry.
3) I like the sounds of the 50's and early 60's.... Paul Anka, Bobby Lewis, Mamas and Papas, etc. It makes me smile.
4) I like to listen to talk radio. Since Nebraska doesn't have "liberal" talk radio, I end up listening to conservative talk: Sean Hannity ("You're a great American Sean"..."you're a great American" {listener}), Neal Boortz, Michael Medved, Hugh Hewitt, Mike Gallagher, Dennis Prager, Bill O'Reilly. My favorite is definitely Hugh Hewitt...and I'm not being sarcastic. His specialties seem to be law and military news. (I may make another future blog post about the marketing of "fear" by advertisers on conservative radio....protect your identity, buy a paper shredder, invest in gold).
5) I can't float. Or I don't think I can...my legs seem to drift down in the water.
6) I like most food. Especially Mexican, Argentinian BBQ, and Mediterranean.
7) Being the oldest male grandchild, I received a family heirloom....a gold-plated pocketwatch on my 21st birthday for not smoking until then. The pocketwatch was given by my great-grandfather to my grandfather for not smoking at his 21st birthday.
I have smoked cigars, pipes, water pipes, and cloves since then...all legal... but does this invalidate the receipt of the gift? Or was it just to reward youthful wisdom and not bowing to peer pressure in childhood?

In honor of my recent travel, memes now for the following people: Linsey Higgins, Monica Ghali, Sarah Dobrin, Cara Strauss, Wes and Heather Goertzen, and Katie Garner.

No comments: