Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Couple Memories Far, Far Away

When I was in another part of the country, two memories left a lasting impression:

1) One time while I was driving (around 45MPH), I glanced over to the van next to me and saw that the driver of the van was whittling a piece of wood WHILE he was driving. He had a HUGE Bowie knife and a large stick between himself and the steering wheel. Since he has only two hands and three items, my guess is that he was holding both the steering wheel and the stick with one hand and the knife in the other....to be able to move the knife against the stick. Alternatively, he could have been driving with his knees.

Any one want to put a bet on whether this man is still alive?

2) When I was visiting a small town, and was stopped at a stoplight, I heard a guy (in another car) call out to a girl walking nearby: Hey, girl, you sure have grown up. You're looking fine. To which the girl replied: You know we're cousins and we can't do anything. To which he replied: That don't matter.

1 comment:

::athada:: said...

The good news is that evolution will select against both of these people. See: Darwin awards.