Wednesday, March 12, 2008

JC Penney's

I used to work at JC Penney's...in the dress shirt (classy) and underwear (not so classy) department.

I would measure men's sleeve lengths and neck size to help them find the right size collar & sleeve/shirt lengths for dress shirts.

One time a fellow came in hoping to buy some underwear. He said his wife usually bought his underwear but he needed to get some that day. He asked if I had a tape measure....which I did.

We measured him at 54". Unfortunately, we didn't carry that size in our department so I told him the catalog department upstairs would be glad to help him. He said no, he was sure that his wife bought his underwear here and he didn't want to go to catalog.

He turned the inside of his pants and underpants inside out and told me to look at the tag. Peering at his hairy bottom, I told him that in fact, he had on a pair of 42". But I can't be sure.

He was the shape in which there is a big mid-section, but the pants/underwear hangs quite low and the belt doesn't go round his biggest part.

5 comments:

Daphne said...

hahahah! this is one of your best stories. i never tire of it!

Unknown said...

hehehe... you lead such a amusing life... thanks for making me laugh.

Paul said...

I don't think I want to work at JC Penny's now

Liz said...

i am deeply troubled by this story.

i don't want a pipe anymore.

Courtney Patch said...

At first I thought you were telling us what you WORE to work at JCPenny. A dress shirt, and underwear. heheh Funny. Ange and I will have a good laugh about this one, you can be sure. :)