Sunday, September 2, 2007

Quick Inventory of My Clothes

I got the crazy idea to inventory my clothes last week; I wanted to see where my clothes were produced. I was surprised by how many countries were represented. Many of these clothes were hand-me-downs, many were gifts, many were purchased. An interesting analysis, if I knew the dates when the clothes were either made or sold, would be to assess whether the countries have changed over time. (Possibly due to exporting production to countries offering lower wages.) All clothes except for socks and coats were evaluated. Also, shoes were not evaluated.

Produced/Assembled In:

Bangladesh 9
Cambodia 3
Canada 3
China 4
Domincan Republic 14
El Salvador 1
Gautemala 6
Haiti 1
Honduras 20
Hong Kong 8
India 11
Indonesia 9
Jamaica 2
Jordan 2
Korea 3
Lesotho 1
Madagascar 2
Malaysia 1
Mauritius 2
Mexico 5
Nepal 1
Northern Marianas 1 (Technically a US Territory)
Pakistan 2
Peru 2
Russia 2
Singapore 1
Sri Lanka 3
Taiwan 2
Thailand 2
Turkey 4
Turkmenistan 1
UAE 1
USA 8
Vietnam 3

No comments: