Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The intersection between 3 things

My personality is such that I feel things first, then build a contruct of thinking that fits onto that scaffolding. But I've read research that suggests most people are like that, so I don't feel as bad.

I have (seems like) always had an interest in 3 ideas and the possible intersection between them:

1) Being a follower of Christ
2) Existentialism
3) Anarchism

These ideas spring from a gut feeling, that all of these have elements that are right or true, can be followed, or explain the world better than other ideas.

However, none of these three ideas play particularly well with each other and especially in the Christian circles I've participated don't allow for Existentialism and Anarchism.

Is there a possibility that one can be an existentialist, an anarchist, and a Christian?

I can explain, maybe, in a future post the appeal these have on me or my interpretation of anarchy or existentialism that might assuage some of the more 'concerned' feelings about this post.

If you know any good books about the last two in particular, please recommend them.

3 comments:

amanda said...

these types of posts are going to kill the prospect of anderson for president in 2012. oh well...

ButterPeanut said...

Hmmm..maybe the intersection between (1) and (3) is a book that still wants to be written.

Also, I agree with Amanda.

Unknown said...

what amanda said. but please, please post more...or stay in S. America for a while so we can talk.